• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm role + LTD company + new accountant?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm role + LTD company + new accountant?

resolved

Originally posted by Lauritte View Post
    My fiancee also started doing some side work and invoicing via my company (legal consultancy via retainer directly with the company, not through an agency or a third party) whilst being on a perm contract elsewhere.

The questions I have:
    - What should be the relationship between my company and my fiancee - contract between LTD and him/shareholder?
    He's an employee of the company if the company are raising invoices on his behalf. Given that both of you are still doing work through your LTD while being in permanent employment, your tax situation is going to be difficult.

- Considering I am not a full-time contractor anymore, is there any point in getting insurance and if so, what kind of insurance would be worth getting?
    It's up to your company whether it considers having insurance. Also, your clients may insist on it.

Additionally, I have no access to an excel table or anything of sorts that actually tracked my transactions, except for QDOS having access to my business account and me sending the periodic invoices. I know, atrocious. I'm trying to remedy this with the transition.
    Do you have access to your company bank account? It will contain details of all the transactions.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      He's an employee of the company if the company are raising invoices on his behalf. Given that both of you are still doing work through your LTD while being in permanent employment, your tax situation is going to be difficult.
      Did you give your fiancée shares before he started invoicing the company? You could be falling foul of settlements legislation here.

Did they not suggest he become a director or anything?

Do you have access to your company bank account? It will contain details of all the transactions.
      This. Upload it to Freeagent and away you go. very simple job to categorise what is what using a pull down and your accounts will be populated. Expenses might be a bit more long winded. I'd be surprised if QDOS can't supply you the information in some useable electronic format though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Now resolved, please delete topic

Comment

WFTH/admin/mods, can you please contact me if possible? I'd also like to delete this account and I cannot get in touch with you direct. Thank you

Comment

Oh no, I don’t think so. This isn’t your own private forum you know.

I’ll tell you what though, since it’s finished with I will lock it.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X