• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long to get funds from MVL process?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to get funds from MVL process?

I am looking to close down my ltd company as my contract is coming to an end and been offered a permie role. My final invoice is at the end of this month. I was wondering for those who went down the MVL route, how long did it take to get the funds issued to you personally? Some places quote 35 days from start of liquidation but I would to know if this is realistic and from what I understand theres also final accounts to be sorted as well as deregistering VAT/PAYE. Just looking for some feedback,thanks

MVL Online tend to suggest you expect 4-6 weeks following their appointment to get first distribution (~75% of company's funds), so in line with 35 days you've seen elsewhere. If you bank with Cater Allen or Barclays it'd likely be quicker as they're the faster banks we deal with.

As you suggest there'd be a fair few tasks you/your accountant would need to do in between ceasing to trade and appointing the liquidator.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      MVL Online tend to suggest you expect 4-6 weeks following their appointment to get first distribution (~75% of company's funds), so in line with 35 days you've seen elsewhere. If you bank with Cater Allen or Barclays it'd likely be quicker as they're the faster banks we deal with.

As you suggest there'd be a fair few tasks you/your accountant would need to do in between ceasing to trade and appointing the liquidator.
      WHS.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X