• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is a good price to pay for an accountant ltd company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good price to pay for an accountant ltd company?

Hi, I am new to contracting and I am looking to setup a limited company.

What would is a good price to pay and who should I avoid out there?

I was looking to hire a part time local accountant but I don't want to be overpaying them to look after me.

Thanks

Most of us seem to come in around £100 /m +/- £20 or so, but it does depend on the package and services. I'd caution you to be aware of underpaying as its as much of a risk as overpaying.

Check the accountant recommendation thread pinned at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorsl75 View Post

I was looking to hire a part time local accountant but I don't want to be overpaying them to look after me.

Thanks
      RTFF

Comment

There is a sticky at the top this section which will answer all your questions.

Also you can use the Google search method to look for any questions you have. They will have been answered numerous times.

In Google type in
        (search phrase) site:forums.contractoruk.com

You'll find you won't get a very good repose to your questions unless you put some effort in first.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks
          Not sure why you need part-time?

Or a local accountant ?

There is a sticky of recommended accountants at the top.

You can get a 'good' one for £85-£95 incl Free Agent.

Or a list here : Contractor Accountants - accountancy services providers for IT contractors

Comment

Hi contractorsl75

I've been using the same firm for many years. Fee is ~£80 a month and he's really good - advises specifically on IT accountancy but also has a hand in business and property accounting.

PM me if you want details.

Comment

Thanks
              How did you get on with the company set up?

Comment

Thanks
                You get what you pay for, as they say. Traditional accountants are on their way out, I'd have a look online for a cloud accountant
                www.inniaccounts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jess inniAccounts View Post
                  Traditional accountants are on their way out,
                  They really aren't.

Comment

Working...
                  X