• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    We don't do up front fees for a whole year like that...but if we did, yes. Unsure what you're getting at?
    Just suggesting a way for you to get new business, easily, from reluctant movers, by making it easy for them to make a decision.
    I got really pissed around when I moved, albeit from SJD to a FreeAgent one, but I'd happily pay up front for a year to just get it done, without any of the 'you need to pay extra, or be with use for xx months'.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Just suggesting a way for you to get new business, easily, from reluctant movers, by making it easy for them to make a decision.
      I got really pissed around when I moved, albeit from SJD to a FreeAgent one, but I'd happily pay up front for a year to just get it done, without any of the 'you need to pay extra, or be with use for xx months'.
      True…for example, start-ups in a lot of sectors, including this one, often take a loss leader position offering no catch up fees at all (or something like that) in order to get their name known…

Comment

Accounts

We've done this before in a couple of cases, especially if the client moving across already has a Freeagent (or other online provider) account with the data all up to date, makes the transition easier and more seamless.

Comment

I've just moved and it couldn't have been easier...

Switched to Gorilla based on forum recommendations and they've been a pleasure to deal with. The only tax on my time has been providing company documentation (which I had to hand anyway) and updating FreeAgent (previous account wasn't a FreeAgent user), which didn't take all that much time.

It also flagged up a few anomalies regarding company setup that new accountants advised was incorrect.

Switching accountants is far less onerous than continuing to deal with a shoddy one.

Comment

My accountancy firm (Boox) told me they require 3 months notice to leave them! Anyone ever come across this scenario before?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Accountants

Originally posted by ckms View Post
              My accountancy firm (Boox) told me they require 3 months notice to leave them! Anyone ever come across this scenario before?
              [/URL]
              Have you checked your letter of engagement for notice periods and termination? Have they delivered anything late or outside of any timeframes in your T&C's?

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
                Have you checked your letter of engagement for notice periods and termination? Have they delivered anything late or outside of any timeframes in your T&C's?
                They claim to have updated their T&Cs in the 4 years since I joined but unless they've sneaked through an 'updated terms' email in that time I've not knowingly signed or agreed to anything in this regard

Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Hmmm...If I was getting a shoddy service from my existing provider, and the new one suggested I pay for a whole year in advance, I wouldn't be comfortable with that. What if the service is no better? It's hard to tell in advance, as inevitably sometimes the sales patter is slick and the service that follows doesn't match up to the promises. I'd want them to prove themselves half decent first.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    Hmmm...If I was getting a shoddy service from my existing provider, and the new one suggested I pay for a whole year in advance, I wouldn't be comfortable with that. What if the service is no better? It's hard to tell in advance, as inevitably sometimes the sales patter is slick and the service that follows doesn't match up to the promises. I'd want them to prove themselves half decent first.
                    That's exactly what I was thinking. A month or two free would be a bigger pull for for me, not shelling out a full year on something I've just had a bad experience with.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don’t think I’ve come across an accountant who charges or would take a clients money for a year in advance in this niche although I’m sure there will be the odd one or two we don’t hear of but if it was me and the client had a month or two left before the year end with their old accountant, I’d suggest to them to continue and pay the monthly fee up to that date and then move across. If they were 3-4 months or more away from their year end I’d say move across, no catch up fees and provide them with a good service. It would be unfair for a client to pay twice for the same period.

Comment

Working...
                      X