• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enforced Leave while under Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    I don't disagree with what you're saying and I know many clients think exactly this way, however, what this means is that nothing within your contract is worth the paper it's written on and we're all, in effect, under complete D&C of the client - i.e. If the client says "Jump", you can refuse to but you'll be walked, so if you want to keep the contract you simply do as you're told.
    Not really, it's just the politics of IT contracting. Simple fact is that some clients are better than others in their appreciation and treatment of contractors.

No D&C to it - I'll happily point out that something isn't in my contract deliverables and would potentially affect them if I was to carry the work out. However, I'm happy to do the work as a new contract after the current one. It's all about how you handle that sort of thing. A brief chat about how I'd do the work may help their permie guy on the way to doing it himself (and earn me brownie points) or may get me an extension to do it next. The clients have the money, agencies and contractors both want the biggest portion of it that they can get.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
    X