• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1stOnline - Gone Out of Business?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1stOnline - Gone Out of Business?

1stOnline appear to have gone out of business which I'm not particularly happy about. My calls go straight to voicemail. Emails weren't responding to and are now being bounced back. Does anyone know any details of what has happened? Their website is still up 1st Online | Contractor Accountants. They were so slow doing anything and now appear to be doing nothing even though I've paid for their services.

Originally posted by ninjamouse View Post
    1stOnline appear to have gone out of business which I'm not particularly happy about. My calls go straight to voicemail. Emails weren't responding to and are now being bounced back. Does anyone know any details of what has happened? Their website is still up 1st Online | Contractor Accountants. They were so slow doing anything and now appear to be doing nothing even though I've paid for their services.
    Aren't they part of Brookson now?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      Aren't they part of Brookson now?
      Indeed. If you look at the address at the bottom of the webpage

1st Online Limited,
      Registered Office: Brunel House, 340 Firecrest Court,
      Warrington, WA1 1RG.

and compare it to Brookson

Brookson
      Brunel House
      340 Firecrest Court
      Centre Park
      Warrington
      WA1 1RG

Same directors if you compare the two companies on Company Check as well.

Brooksons number is 0800 230 0213. Try them.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 15 November 2018, 11:22.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Indeed. If you look at the address at the bottom of the webpage

1st Online Limited,
        Registered Office: Brunel House, 340 Firecrest Court,
        Warrington, WA1 1RG.

and compare it to Brookson

Brookson
        Brunel House
        340 Firecrest Court
        Centre Park
        Warrington
        WA1 1RG

Same directors if you compare the two companies on Company Check as well.

Brooksons number is 0800 230 0213. Try them.
        Strange. There has been no communications from them on this. I've phoned them but they appear pretty clueless about the change. Hmm.

Comment

Strange. There has been no communications from them on this. I've phoned them but they appear pretty clueless about the change. Hmm.
          But did you get anywhere? Below is a list of all the directors. Ask to be put through to one of them. They've got to have a clue if they are directors of both.

MR MARTIN JOHN SCOTT
          MR THOMAS JEREMY SEDDON
          MR ANDREW CHARLES MCGREGOR
          MR MARTIN JOHN HESKETH
          MR MARTIN JOHN SCOTT
          MRS CAROLYN NEVINSON
          MR MARTIN JOHN SCOTT

Time to get your data and get out IMO.

Comment

The changes happened on March 2017 so that seems strange.

Anyhow, as NLUK say, time to move I'd say. 1st Online are freeagent accountants so any transfer should be easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              The changes happened on March 2017 so that seems strange.

Anyhow, as NLUK say, time to move I'd say. 1st Online are freeagent accountants so any transfer should be easy enough.

I've finally spoken to an Accountant at Brooksons. Sounds like there have been major process and tech issues. He said that 1stOption had emailed me about this a couple of months back, but I've not received any emails. Emails are still bouncing from their support address after the accountant said they should now be working.

I've extracted all my data from FreeAgent and getting a new accountant now. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

I've finally spoken to an Accountant at Brooksons. Sounds like there have been major process and tech issues. He said that 1stOption had emailed me about this a couple of months back, but I've not received any emails. Emails are still bouncing from their support address after the accountant said they should now be working.

I've extracted all my data from FreeAgent and getting a new accountant now. Thanks for the assistance.
                That might be my fault. If it's FreeAgent you don't need to extract it. Your account will just go over to the new accountant so should be absolutely seemless for you. I'd have taken a backup extract personally but you don't need to if you go to another FA accountant.

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing as you ninjamouse, since September actually when 1st Online failed to submit my annual accounts on time, despite me calling to remind them many times up till the deadline. After they missed the deadline, all phone calls started going to voicemail and so I cancelled with them via email the very next day and got a response after a week asking me if my cancellation was "effective immediate". Obviously I replied yes and have never heard from them since.

However, they are still taking monthly payments from my account (the cheek?!) which I have now taken up with my bank as fraudulent.

Comment

Originally posted by yasnas View Post
                    I've been wondering the same thing as you ninjamouse, since September actually when 1st Online failed to submit my annual accounts on time, despite me calling to remind them many times up till the deadline. After they missed the deadline, all phone calls started going to voicemail and so I cancelled with them via email the very next day and got a response after a week asking me if my cancellation was "effective immediate". Obviously I replied yes and have never heard from them since.

However, they are still taking monthly payments from my account (the cheek?!) which I have now taken up with my bank as fraudulent.
                    If they didn’t file your accountants, I would ask them for a refund, did you receive any other services from them such as payroll, personal tax return?

Comment

Working...
                    X