• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice regarding transfer of contract.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice regarding transfer of contract.

Hi. I've been the IT support for a manufacturing company for the last five years. I currently work for them via an agency who I'm very happy with. The parent company recently sold us to another company, who used a managed services company for their IT. They want to keep me on, as I know the site, the systems and all the quirks and problems etc.

However they use a large employment agency called Adecco, who I've had bad experiences with in the past. I was told my contract would be transferred to the other agency. They sent a bunch of forms , which I filled in and returned, then heard nothing for ages. Then out of the blue I was told to send my hours to this girl in Adecco, then subsequently told to submit them from the following week instead. I asked for a copy of my new contract, as haven't seen anything, I don't even know what they're paying me. I got no response. Then I called my originally agency, who told me they've not heard anything from anyone, and as far as they're concerned I work them them and they will be the ones to pay me. They also seemed adamant they wouldn't be transferring my contract anywhere, as I'm basically in the same job. The local HR girl haven't heard anything either from Adecco. I have no idea what's going on at Adecco's end.

Have they just created a new contract, and expect me to resign from my current agency? And why haven't they sent me anything? Is it even legal to take over another agencies contractor like this?

talk to your client.
    They want to keep you. They've signed this other company.
    They're the customer to all the other parties so they have the power to make this work.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      talk to your client.
      They want to keep you. They've signed this other company.
      They're the customer to all the other parties so they have the power to make this work.
      I will, however I believe the new agency work for the new parent company, while my current agency has a contract my actual company where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie79 View Post
        I will, however I believe the new agency work for the new parent company, while my current agency has a contract my actual company where I work.
        therefore you are contractually tied.

It's not a battle you should be fighting. There's lots of other threads about how to swap agencies without getting sued, but the conclusion usually is to let the client fix it.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Are you outside IR35 and working through a LTD or is you agency paying handling your PAYE?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Are you outside IR35 and working through a LTD or is you agency paying handling your PAYE?
            Due to tax complications in the past, I'm PAYE by choice handled by the agency as opposed to a LTD company.

Comment

Working...
            X