• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good public tax spreadsheet for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good public tax spreadsheet for contractors

Does anyone know of a good spreadsheet for modelling various income/corp tax scenarios from a contractor's perspective?

I'm looking to test out various combinations of dividend, salary, expenses and pension. I googled and searched here but so far I've only found simple calculators that only cover part of the equation.

I suspect there's a public Google Doc spreadsheet or xslt that models it but I haven't found it. SJD had a good spreadsheet but it's not been updated for a couple of years and focuses on month-to-month.

Can anyone help?

Originally posted by friday View Post
    Does anyone know of a good spreadsheet for modelling various income/corp tax scenarios from a contractor's perspective?

I'm looking to test out various combinations of dividend, salary, expenses and pension. I googled and searched here but so far I've only found simple calculators that only cover part of the equation.

I suspect there's a public Google Doc spreadsheet or xslt that models it but I haven't found it. SJD had a good spreadsheet but it's not been updated for a couple of years and focuses on month-to-month.

Can anyone help?
    Where I see where you are going with this should your accountant not do this for you? He should be able to model you a couple of different scenarios and give you the numbers? Mine did.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My suggestion is to make one yourself. It’s really not very difficult and will give you what you want. It will also help you learn about your accounts. It was hugely beneficial to me when I was starting out to visualise it all.

Alternatively PM me your email I’ll see if I can remove all the data from mine and send it over ... probably at the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I built one myself and then realised I probably should have got my accountant to do it.

Like MrButton said it’s a good way to learn about tax but a pain in the arse to update for new tax yrs

Comment

It was one of the first things I got my accountant to create for me. I have modified it a little and had him check it out.

Far easier (and quicker than google (for a change!)).

WLB

Comment

Working...
          X