• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD Accountant Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    That is not the short answer at all!

I agree if you use cloud accounting then there should be less additional work involved. However, some people still use spreadsheets are happy to continue doing so. You then need to look at bridging software and having this setup. To be honest I would see it more of a one-off setup fee than an ongoing charge, but that depends I suppose on who files the VAT Returns, the accountant or the client.

Seriously though £110 a month for an accountant is not a lot, its just that so many people think they can do it all themselves and the FreeAgent does everything for them. Trust me, it really doesn't!
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wilky27 View Post
      Hi,

Just been informed by my accountant that my monthly fee will be going up by �20+VAT per month due to their software costs they've incurred to be MTD compliant. Does this seem excessive?

Thanks.
      I was also in the same situation, but then negotiated with my accountant not to raise the price. He sends me a spreadsheet every quarter with the VAT workings for confirmation before submitting the VAT so I am planning to use bridging software like accountsdesk and submit the spreadsheet for VAT myself. This way, I can retain the digital records of my VAT as well for 6 years as required .

Comment

Originally posted by wilky27 View Post
        Hi,

Just been informed by my accountant that my monthly fee will be going up by �20+VAT per month due to their software costs they've incurred to be MTD compliant. Does this seem excessive?

Thanks.
        If it's purely a software cost he's passing on to you, yes. But, there may be more to it than that. One alternative is to ask for the spreadsheet containing the figures for your VAT return, then submit it yourself using a cheaper option.

Comment

Working...
        X