• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please help - Germany Company Refuse to Pay my invoices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help - Germany Company Refuse to Pay my invoices

I have been contracting with a German registered company remotely from the UK. My company is a limited registered company in the UK.

The contract was for 6 months and at the point of writing, they have refused to pay my last 2 invoices with promises for paying up for the last few weeks. I am not the only contract they have done this to also after making so investigations about the company.

I need legal advice and I wonder if anyone could help, been in touch with UK lawyers but the catch is the contract was based on German laws.

The question now is; is there any EU law I can pursue to getting my money from this rogue company?

I will truly appreciate any help; as this is depressing and a huge loss to my income. Thanks

Originally posted by mrade View Post
    I have been contracting with a German registered company remotely from the UK. My company is a limited registered company in the UK.

The contract was for 6 months and at the point of writing, they have refused to pay my last 2 invoices with promises for paying up for the last few weeks. I am not the only contract they have done this to also after making so investigations about the company.

I need legal advice and I wonder if anyone could help, been in touch with UK lawyers but the catch is the contract was based on German laws.

The question now is; is there any EU law I can pursue to getting my money from this rogue company?

I will truly appreciate any help; as this is depressing and a huge loss to my income. Thanks
    It's a German debt, so go through German debt collection proceedings. Try asking your question here: Toytown Germany - English language news and chat - it's an English language forum for expats living in Germany.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So good, you posted it twice

Comment

Originally posted by mrade View Post

EU Regulation 1896/2006. Issue a European Payment Order (e.g. an EU Small Claims Court application -- although it doesn't necessarily have to be very small).

European e-Justice Portal - European payment order

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          So good, you posted it twice
          The forum software doesn't always catch a duplicate post. I've no idea whether the forum is any good. It's the German equivalent, I believe, of the Swiss one I use.

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
          EU Regulation 1896/2006. Issue a European Payment Order (e.g. an EU Small Claims Court application -- although it doesn't necessarily have to be very small).

European e-Justice Portal - European payment order
          You'd use this where the debtor is outside the UK, and the contract is not drawn up under their laws. If you follow this process, you get judgement that the debt is valid by a UK judge, then present that to a German judge, who should then take steps to enforce the debt, but where the contract is under the law of the country of residence of the debtor, you might as well go directly to the German system - cut out the UK judge, it's not needed.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Stuck in the same situation

Hello, Appreciate this post is pretty old but I am in a very similar situation where I have a UK limited company and this German company is refusing to pay the last couple of invoices for about a month. Is the suggestions mentioned in the thread still valid as it's couple of years old?

Comment

Originally posted by chacs View Post
              Hello, Appreciate this post is pretty old but I am in a very similar situation where I have a UK limited company and this German company is refusing to pay the last couple of invoices for about a month. Is the suggestions mentioned in the thread still valid as it's couple of years old?
              After January 1st it will be a lot more difficult.

Try safe collections:

How to Chase Late Payments From Overseas Clients
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks I will try Safe collections.
                With the Brexit transition on Jan 1st, is it the EU laws aspect of it, that would make it lot more difficult?

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                After January 1st it will be a lot more difficult.

Try safe collections:

How to Chase Late Payments From Overseas Clients

Comment

Originally posted by chacs View Post
                  Thanks I will try Safe collections.
                  With the Brexit transition on Jan 1st, is it the EU laws aspect of it, that would make it lot more difficult?
                  no. EU laws aren't changing.
                  The problem will be that we are leaving the EU and refuse to (so far anyway) accept the jurisdiction of EU laws.

Enjoy your cake in the sunny uplands with the unicorns.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It's a German debt, so go through German debt collection proceedings. Try asking your question here: Toytown Germany - English language news and chat - it's an English language forum for immigrants living in Germany.
                    FTFY
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X