• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am way outside IR35 - I think

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doconline View Post
    Also, you make no mention of the 24 month rule, but you do say you have been there years and are getting expenses paid by the client. Presumably this is all done with the 24 month rule in mind?
    OP stated that they work on site a maximum of 1 day per week so under 40% of their working week and therefore any related expenses are still allowable.

Comment

Yeah its the 'changes in 2020' are what is prompting the question TBH.
      Yes I do pay effectively a PAYE Tax rate. Great for pension contribs
      The problem with these 2020 changes are how they are interpreted by the end Client.
      There is no paper trail at all apart from email exchanges - that really amount to clarification regards a previous meeting.
      I may look at the QDOS thing.
      The staff there call me the plumber - as it closely resembles what I do - Client says can you do this - I suck my teeth and say amount - do it and Invoice it

Comment

I'd be more concerned about having no contract between you and the client. I know you have a "bare contract" but that won't cover much especially IT related things. Get that sorted first, then get a substitution clause added in that, MOO clause etc.....all the IR35 niceties!

GE

Comment

Working...
        X