• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Trust Helpline Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better to ignore ...

Originally posted by Bemi View Post
    Please someone correct me if I'm wrong (please god, let me be wrong), but in answer to all your questions and statements and a little more:

You do have to worry about THL. They are the representative of the various companies, trusts, schemes and shadowy background s who have screwed us all with impunity.

"But this is clearly a scam!"
    Doesn't matter; legally speaking you have a contract that says you will pay them back and that is that.

"HMRC said it wasn't a loan..."
    Doesn't matter. What HMRC says has no bearing on what a trust/contract judge will decide.

"My financial advisor/accountant/tax expert/god of money said it's a scam!"
    Doesn't matter. You STILL signed a contract and still owe them the money.

"But it can't be a income and a tax!"
    It can if the tax people say it's income and the trusts people say it's a loan. Maybe the case against HMRC on this will win? Who knows, but loan repayment wise you are screwed.

"But this is all faceless, dodgy and deliberately difficult! I have no idea who these people are, they're demanding I send them ID documents without even demonstrating they are legit, and they aren't even contactable"
    Guess what... tough doo doo. Apparently that doesn't matter either. Because we still have a Roman legal system where the outcomes are largely based on what you can afford to pay for "justice"

"But I've paid off my tax debt to HMRC!"
    Doesn't matter. That's just the tax liability to what they've decided is income on veeeeery dodgy legal grounds, that as far as I can tell basically rest on "I am HMRC, hear me roar".

And as for those saying anything along the lines of...

Except these pirates own my loan and can screw me for 100% of it if I don't pay them the 5% they are asking for... So wouldn't it be madness for me to just ignore them?

Anyway, off to sit in a corner being depressed after I eventually manage to turn off my latop

what is the guarantee they will stop at 5%?
    they are offshore firms and if they claim the amount , it means the firms are still active and then they are liable to pay the Employer NI !

Comment

Disguised remuneration: contractor loans settlements and obtaining a deed of release

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
      they are offshore firms and if they claim the amount , it means the firms are still active and then they are liable to pay the Employer NI !

Disguised remuneration: contractor loans settlements and obtaining a deed of release (Spotlight 48) - GOV.UK

Comment

Hi Rob,

I had read this.

it confirms that THL are lying bastards, but doesn't seem to give any answers to the question of whether they can reclaim the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
          Nope. By dissolving they removed their liability (and HMRC let them keep operating for years after they started going after the employees).

The trustees who hold your loan are not legally linked to the original firms, so they can own all of your "loan" while holding no responsibility for the fact it was fraudulently sold.

I am speaking to WTT Big Group and a contracts lawyer to confirm this, but the bottom line appears to be they have us coming and going and it's all legal.

Comment

Options

Can I not just ignore them - what could they do to me if I didn't comply ?
            What happens if I do pay - would that put a stop to them or could they still come for more?,
            Plus I thought the loans didn't need to be repaid for 30 years

Comment

Options

I thought the Loans for Winchester didn't need to be repaid for 30 years, so why do we have to pay now all of a sudden

What would would happen if I just ignored their emails.
              If I did would that put a stop to their demands or could they come back again in the future want more

Comment

Originally posted by HarveyBains View Post
                I thought the Loans for Winchester didn't need to be repaid for 30 years, so why do we have to pay now all of a sudden

What would would happen if I just ignored their emails.
                If I did would that put a stop to their demands or could they come back again in the future want more
                If they had you over a barrel, and you 100% have to pay back 100% of the loan at some point - they wouldn't be accepting a measly 5% to write it off.

I might try that on my mortgage. I currently owe my bank £300k, I'll see if they'll accept £19.80

It's an unsecured personal loan via an off shore Beneficiary Trust, you've since declared fully to HMRC after being sold a tax avoidance product. You've now paid more tax than you would've done, and lost additional money to these crooks. Now they're harassing you for more. As if a judge is going to rule in their favour

Comment

If you were to pay who actual gets the money? THL? Trustees?

Comment

That is very unclear ZDR. My money is on the same person or persons who sold you the scheme in the first place!!

My suspicion is that Baker Tilly were providing TCSP services to a client and that its the same client who is operating THL. I have no evidence of this though sadly.

I know for sure though that I wouldn't be giving them a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
                      As if a judge is going to rule in their favour
                      You assume that a judge will rule based on natural justice rather than law.
                      I’m not so sure that’s correct.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X