MVL MVL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: MVL

Still gathering requirements...

Default MVL

Good afternoon,

I will be starting a permanent job early next year, and I want to start the process to liquidate my company. I have checked with my accountants and they provide the service (via a 3rd party) and it costs around £2,000 (+VAT + disbursements...). I was checking online and found some companies offering it for around half that price.

Can anyone recommend a company (companies) which is reliable, legal, etc etc etc?

Thanks
    C

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by carlosLondon View Post
    Good afternoon,

I will be starting a permanent job early next year, and I want to start the process to liquidate my company. I have checked with my accountants and they provide the service (via a 3rd party) and it costs around £2,000 (+VAT + disbursements...). I was checking online and found some companies offering it for around half that price.

Can anyone recommend a company (companies) which is reliable, legal, etc etc etc?

Thanks
    C
    You shouldn't go far wrong with MVLOnline, not used them ourselves (obviously) but have had clients use them and they were extremely happy with the service provided.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Some things in Moderation

I’ve used them and been very happy with their prices and service.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Default MVL

We tend to refer to SFP Goup (link) and had good report back. Plenty of providers out there but would suggest going off a recommendation.

Contractor Among Contractors

Hi Carlos, I (Chris Maslin) am one of the directors of MVL Online mentioned by Contratax/cojak above. Happy to answer any queries you may have, either publicly here or privately via DM/email.

We do need you/your accountant to simplify the balance sheet right down to just cash at bank (no other assets, and no liabilities) before we get involved, but on that basis our fee is fixed at £995+VAT (plus disbursements at cost).

Super poster

Anyone considering MVL should discuss their situation with their accountant to ensure it is the best course of action.

e.g. If retained profit (money not yet declared as dividend) and assets are under £25k then no formal liquidation process is required.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Maslins View Post
    Hi Carlos, I (Chris Maslin) am one of the directors of MVL Online mentioned by Contratax/cojak above. Happy to answer any queries you may have, either publicly here or privately via DM/email.

We do need you/your accountant to simplify the balance sheet right down to just cash at bank (no other assets, and no liabilities) before we get involved, but on that basis our fee is fixed at £995+VAT (plus disbursements at cost).
    ^ I've always recommended Chris in the past. Not had an issues or complaints of bad service with any of my previous clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Maslins View Post

Thanks a lot. Will DM you when I have more clarity on new start date!

Cheers
    Carlos

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
    ^ I've always recommended Chris in the past. Not had an issues or complaints of bad service with any of my previous clients.
    Not only that, he tends to click 'Like' or 'Thanks' when people say nice things about him. So he can't be all bad, right?'

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Not only that, he tends to click 'Like' or 'Thanks' when people say nice things about him. So he can't be all bad, right?'
    Does he? Must have a word then because my likes received tally needs bumping