• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving company abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving company abroad?

I work for a British agency now, but I'm outsourced for a German project that is partially remote and I'm going to be based mostly in Poland.
    Not sure how long will be the contract, but it made me think if I should move the company to Poland?
    Maybe, in this case, I could also move my company to tax heaven like HK or Belize? Any experience with that?
    My accountant has no much clue about international law.

Originally posted by qbait View Post
    I work for a British agency now, but I'm outsourced for a German project that is partially remote and I'm going to be based mostly in Poland.
    Not sure how long will be the contract, but it made me think if I should move the company to Poland?
    Maybe, in this case, I could also move my company to tax heaven like HK or Belize? Any experience with that?
    My accountant has no much clue about international law.
    Speak to Sue@iPay. She’ll be able to help with this.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Speak to Sue@iPay. She’ll be able to help with this.
      This.

Or I can introduce you to a tax favourable structure quasi domiciled in the Dutch Antilles.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        This.

Or I can introduce you to a tax favourable structure quasi domiciled in the Dutch Antilles.
        I think that this advice is best reserved for General, OG..
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I think that this advice is best reserved for General, OG..
          Like this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by qbait View Post
            If that's where you'll be living long-term, and you have around €25,000 to spare for the share capital required to set up a new limited company in Poland. You'll also need a Polish accountant as the tax authorities refuse to communicate in anything but Polish, and they require quick turnaround.

Or, you might instead register your UK company as a foreign branch in Poland. It won't provide you any particular benefits, but at least you'll be compliant. You'll still need a Polish accountant though, and separate bookkeeping for the Polish branch.

Only if you enjoy getting into a big heap of trouble, unless you can show that you is normally resident there. Keep your company within the EU for work in the EU.

Comment

What m0n1k3r says about Ltd Co, plus, please read the brief guide to working in Europe which is a sticky above, and if you then want any further information please do drop me a PM.

Comment

Working...
              X