• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Kuwait

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Kuwait

I have been offered a contract in Kuwait. Initially expected to be a 2 year contract and will be paid in dollars. I've been told that I can open up a bank account in Kuwait, but it's also up to me if i want to get paid in a UK bank account.

My main question is, has anyone here worked in Kuwait on a contracting basis. What is it like contracting as a PMO Analyst in Kuwait City. What is the cost of living compared to the UK? As I understand, there is no personal income tax to be paid in Kuwait. Any suggestions on a tax efficient way to bring the money back to the UK? I have also asked my Accountant and awaiting information from them.

I suspect the reason you no replies yet is that you can't expect anyone here to do the research for you. Here's a starter, then when you've done a bit of basic research people will help with answering questions about specific aspects -

Everything you asked and need to know is on HMRC's website, in pretty simple english and is quite easy to understand the basics.

Look in particular at RDR3 and related documents.

Pay attention to split year taxation and how to qualify and maintain expat UK tax status, if that is what you want.

Often, it is a very bad idea to remit from overseas to a UK bank account. When you have done a bit of research you'll know why.

Cost of living in the middle east? Anywhere from cheap as chips to take all your salary and more on top. Your choice. General rule for a OK-ish expat life style but not extravagent , I find is that it is at least as expensive as being in the UK, all things considered. But YMMV - a lot.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
    X