• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Perkbox rewards issue...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE Perkbox rewards issue...

Dunno if this is me doing something wrong but...

My other half is in Currys about asking me about the model of phone she wants to buy so I tell her to hang on I'll use perkbox to get 8% of. Bargain....

The Currys page is
    Save 8% at PC World and Currys | IPSE Rewards

I read the page and it says various things like
    digital gift vouchers
    Avg redemption time : 60 Seconds
    Vouchers are available instantly after purchase
    Instant digital vouchers are delivered to your inbox as soon as you buy them.

So happy days. Instant discount yes? Well it seems not.

So I press redeem and I get a message that says..

A digital voucher works just like an ordinary gift voucher only it gets delivered to your inbox as a code. Just present that code at the checkout to spend it. Come back here to buy more when it runs out.
    Nice. Happy with that. But it also says

How long will my digital voucher take to arrive?
    We’ll get to work processing your order ASAP but please allow 3 - 4 working days for your code to arrive in your inbox.
    WTF is that about? The page previous says instantly and 60 secs to redeem...

I guess that the 3-4 days is a maximum in very worst cases so I go ahead anyway.

I get a mail a few minutes later that looks like this...

Order a card??? WTF?

Seems to be a lot of white space so I open in a browser and it looks the same.

Dunno what's happened so have to get my other half to pay full price. I've now paid for it twice.

Had to spend an age checking on what's gone on, has it credit my Currys account and so on. I end up having to check the text in the code of the email and find this..

Digital e-Card: Click [CODE1] to order your PC World-Currys digital gift card (this will be emailed to you).

Pre-Paid Card: Click [CODE0] to order your PC World Currys pre-paid card (this will be posted to you)
    You can't see it in either the mail or the browser. Now I can see it there still I still can't click it to order the digital gift card.

So now I'm going to have to do more work to find out what to do.

WTF is going on here? Is perkbox really this crap?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Is IPSE really that crap?

Try reading the first timers guide.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Dunno if this is me doing something wrong but...

My other half is in Currys about asking me about the model of phone she wants to buy so I tell her to hang on I'll use perkbox to get 8% of. Bargain....

The Currys page is
      Save 8% at PC World and Currys | IPSE Rewards

I read the page and it says various things like
      digital gift vouchers
      Avg redemption time : 60 Seconds
      Vouchers are available instantly after purchase
      Instant digital vouchers are delivered to your inbox as soon as you buy them.

So happy days. Instant discount yes? Well it seems not.

So I press redeem and I get a message that says..

Nice. Happy with that. But it also says

WTF is that about? The page previous says instantly and 60 secs to redeem...

I guess that the 3-4 days is a maximum in very worst cases so I go ahead anyway.

I get a mail a few minutes later that looks like this...

Order a card??? WTF?

Seems to be a lot of white space so I open in a browser and it looks the same.

Dunno what's happened so have to get my other half to pay full price. I've now paid for it twice.

Had to spend an age checking on what's gone on, has it credit my Currys account and so on. I end up having to check the text in the code of the email and find this..

You can't see it in either the mail or the browser. Now I can see it there still I still can't click it to order the digital gift card.

So now I'm going to have to do more work to find out what to do.

WTF is going on here? Is perkbox really this crap?
      Look in your redeemed benefits - you should be able to copy and paste the code from there to get your gift card (assuming you ordered a digital card)

When you complete the order, there's normally a code you can copy and paste. Contact perkbox if in doubt

IPSE Rewards - Help

I've had some odd emails telling me 'an error occurred' but it's always actually worked.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Look in your redeemed benefits - you should be able to copy and paste the code from there to get your gift card (assuming you ordered a digital card)

When you complete the order, there's normally a code you can copy and paste. Contact perkbox if in doubt

IPSE Rewards - Help

I've had some odd emails telling me 'an error occurred' but it's always actually worked.
        Right. That works. So I can see can see the code but the damn 'Copy' button doesn't work. I have to copy manually but that works.

Really bloody shoddy. Crap email, misinformation and some functionality not working. Now I've seen it end to end I will probably navigate to a conclusion but crap customer experience.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Right. That works. So I can see can see the code but the damn 'Copy' button doesn't work. I have to copy manually but that works.

Really bloody shoddy. Crap email, misinformation and some functionality not working. Now I've seen it end to end I will probably navigate to a conclusion but crap customer experience.
          And less importantly, they've not done the best job of looking after contractor's interests
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I’ve used perkbox for years and never found it simple and never use it if I’ve needed to order immediately.

That said yesterday I bought a few hundred of John Lewis digital vouchers and had my vouchers within a few mins.

Comment

"Really bloody shoddy"

I'm afraid it's the way of the World these days with PC/Windows/Internet products. I tried recently to renew my car manufacturer's after market warranty. When I came to confirm my direct debit details, the screen wouldn't let me put in the sort code, so I had to ring up to get the warranty renewed.

I can never understand why screens jump about on PCs. Google mail does this every time as well as Ebay screens. I had some introduction to the modern ideology when using Powerhouse. It seems the 80% rule holds sway these days, i.e. if it does 80% of what you need then that's enough.

Come to think of it, this seems to be the whole approach with PCs generally. Bill Gates was a genius, he gave you something where there was nothing, irrespective of the fact that the something didn't always work properly.

Comment

I used Perkbox for some kind of voucher card when needing to grab an iPhone for mini kevpuk from Argos (don't ask, was best price at the time)......but had to wait a few days for the physical card to arrive......anyway, I also found the process/site a little confusing, but thought it was just me!
                latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

On the confirmation screen which shows the "Copy" button is a URL which isn't actually clickable, but which you can copy-and-paste into your browser. That takes you straight to the gift voucher in a printable form, or from where you can copy the voucher code.

(I just went through the process 5 minutes ago with a Currys/PC World voucher.)

Comment

For the first time ever I've remembered to look at Perkbox for a voucher before buying something. Turns out the entire business account (I assume they meant the ipse account, not perkbox) has hit some kind of limit and they're not issuing any vouchers today. It was a bit worrying to see this error message:

Oops! Something went wrong. (Code: PBPAYFraudThresholdHit)

Oh well, so much for that then.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 13 October 2019, 12:59.

Comment

Working...
                    X