• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Perkbox rewards issue...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site has no doubt been built by some shoddy lazy tax dodging contractor....
    Last edited by administrator; 15 October 2019, 14:48. Reason: No winking please...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Site has no doubt been built by some shoddy lazy tax dodging contractor....
      nah, an Independent Professional Self Employed person, it would be claimed and clearly not a BOS.
      Last edited by administrator; 15 October 2019, 14:48. Reason: Quoted winker.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        And less importantly, they've not done the best job of looking after contractor's interests
        I'm guessing that they will have a significant membership drop in April.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          I'm guessing that they will have a significant membership drop in April.

several long term members, including myself, have not renewed their membership this year for a variety of reasons, as far as I can see. But I would entirely agree with your opinion. What benefit would there be to anyone other than one who is engaged on an outside IR35 contract. None as far as I can see. So the £300+ membership fee wouldn't bring any benefits, to the individual, that is.

Comment

Isn’t the enquiry window following company shut down two years ?

My tax loss insurance provider states I have to maintain investigation insurance for two years following company close.

Comment

My tax loss insurance provider states I have to maintain investigation insurance for two years following company close.
              not sure about any time scales, but clearly it would be prudent to maintain such insurance for some time after company closure.

Comment

It's the year after the tax year in which you close down the company. That is when HMRC can raise an inquiry on the closing year's accounts. After that, unless you've done something fraudulent, you should be free and clear.

As for IPSE having no value post April, for some contractors (including me) you could be right, although the rest of the Plus package would still be valid protection. I still think this is a short term issue, and may well change once companies realise they either can't hire staff or are looking at expensive overheads they don't need. If that market does come back - with a lot more awareness over IR35 than previously - IPSE may have a serious role to play.

However, contractors as we understand them are about 15% of the self-employed workforce. There's a couple of senior locum doctors out there embroiled in IR35 cases for example. I get the sneaky feeling their broadening of their target market is actually quite sensible, long term...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  several long term members, including myself, have not renewed their membership this year for a variety of reasons, as far as I can see. But I would entirely agree with your opinion. What benefit would there be to anyone other than one who is engaged on an outside IR35 contract. None as far as I can see. So the £300+ membership fee wouldn't bring any benefits, to the individual, that is.
                  If you are a properly outside IR35 business, why would you need IPSE?

Comment

Originally posted by Laser7213 View Post
                    If you are a properly outside IR35 business, why would you need IPSE?
                    Aside from the lobbying and representation, does being a 'properly outside IR35 business' mean you're immune from tax investigations, VAT enquiries, jury service, client going bust?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Aside from the lobbying and representation, does being a 'properly outside IR35 business' mean you're immune from tax investigations, VAT enquiries, jury service, client going bust?
                      This. Apart from it not being 2001 any more, it's about time the IPSE sceptics realised that membership is about a hell of a lot more than IR35.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X