• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Larsen Howie - Any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larsen Howie - Any good?

Afternoon all,

I was going through the annual job of renewing my PI/PL/TLC35 policies with QDos an noticed Larsen Howie seem to provide better cover for a lower quote so thought I'd give them a shot.

However, the onboarding process hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped (issues with the orders page, problems logging in, duplicate postings in the 'Policies Section') which, although minor, are starting to shake my confidence a little!

They've been very responsive when problems have occured, and I suppose it's just 'one of these things', but I'm always concerned by these 'smells' when starting a new relationship.

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Pretty sure they're mainly ex-QDos folks (with Andy Vessey looking to start with LH as Head of Tax this month apparently) so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Any thoughts?

Insurance

We tend to refer most guys to LH, good to deal with but haven't come across anyone that has tested their policies.......then again, same with other providers.

The coverage does look to be better and they're generally much easier to deal with than other firms.

Comment

Testing policies? Good point.

Does anyone either, have experience, or know anyone who has tested PI etc policies?

For the most part, with no knowledge to suggest otherwise, Contractor PI coverage is just a cash cow for insurers of such.

This post has nothing to do with LH of course. Just a minor hijacking of a thread... Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
        Testing policies? Good point.

Does anyone either, have experience, or know anyone who has tested PI etc policies?

For the most part, with no knowledge to suggest otherwise, Contractor PI coverage is just a cash cow for insurers of such.

This post has nothing to do with LH of course. Just a minor hijacking of a thread... Sorry.
        Don't be sorry. You're right and probably the best post you've ever made.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X