• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

employment status for UK immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

employment status for UK immigration

Ok, I know that I won't get 'legal advice' but here's my conundrum. I am a German national and have lived in the UK for a long time. Due to Brexit I am going through the citizenship application process, have passed the life in the uk test and permanent residency. in the application for citizenship there is a question about my employment status. For the last 3 years I worked outside IR35 so I would have said "employed by my own company". Since October I am working on an inside IR35 contract so I would assume that my employer is not my Ltd. company but ... Would that be the client (a local authority) or the umbrella company which pays me ...??? Any ideas?

It's your unbrella as they employed you but your really should know this if you are a contractor.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X