• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Accounts - BFC Bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Savings Accounts - BFC Bank?

Hello,

I've been doing some research into business savings accounts as a way to build a bit of cash on company profits (and to ensure that these are protected across institutions by the FSCS). I will be keeping a good chunk of cash in the account for tax and unexpected payments etc. For the remainder it seems logical to deposit in something that can increase in value over time.

I've come across B.F.C. Bank. They offer a 12 month fixed term business savings account with 2.5% interest. This is quite a bit above what other institutions are offering. The closest alternative I've found is Aldermore's business savings account that offers 2.25% with 5 years fixed term. Thing is, the BFC 2.5% savings account cannot be accessed online.

I'm a little nervous and want to see if anyone has had any experience dealing with BFC? My alternative is Aldermore. So any feedback on them will be gratefully received too.

Thanks all

Aldermore is mentioned regularly on here and from what I remember quite a few people use them. Dunno about BFC.

In google type the following.

aldermore site:forums.contractoruk.com

You'll get all the threads where Aldermore is mentioned.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Banks

Not come across BFC before but their basic requirements page states a min turnover of £5m (Link).

Aldermore tend to be frequently mentioned, quick comparison on the Link here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
        Not come across BFC before but their basic requirements page states a min turnover of £5m (Link).
        Looking at the state of their website I don't think I'd touch them with a bargepole either.

Fixed Term Deposits - BFC Bank
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Looking at their accounts, they made a loss of £6million last year, an improvement on the previous year when it was £6.5million

https://document-api-images-prod.s3....5b5ec34494a041
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post

Aldermore tend to be frequently mentioned, quick comparison on the Link here as well.

I've been in touch with them and they've lifted the £5million turnover requirement. The website is due to be updated.

They are also registered with the PRA and thus covered by the FSCS. Saying that I think it's the fact that there's no online access to the account, the bank is very new and I can't find any real reviews online that's making me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Looking at the state of their website I don't think I'd touch them with a bargepole either.

Fixed Term Deposits - BFC Bank

Ha, yes it isn't the slickest of websites...

Comment

Originally posted by lumalist View Post
                ...the bank is very new ...
                They've been around since 2003, although only changed their name to BFC Bank in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  They've been around since 2003, although only changed their name to BFC Bank in 2016.
                  Interesting. What were they called before?

Comment

Originally posted by lumalist View Post
                    Interesting. What were they called before?

EZREMIT and BFC Exchange.

Comment

Working...
                    X