• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tide - Business Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been with them for nearly 2 years - never had any issues.

Comment

I have both a Tide and Starling business account. Both work well.

Tide has Freeagent integration. Starling doesn't, as yet.

Tide do not accept incoming cheques - at all. Starling do. I actually got 2 cheques for my Ltd last month, one being a VAT refund.

They're both mobile banking apps, but if you're wanting to scroll through statements etc, you can actually do that on your PC with Tide - NOT with Starling. Makes it a bit easier when you're needing to look at a lot of stuff.

I also have a personal Starling account and it's fab. I'm very impressed. If I pay for something with my contactless card, my watch buzzes to tell me before I've even put the card back in my wallet. I'm old, so I'm always impressed with that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
        I also have a personal Starling account and it's fab. I'm very impressed. If I pay for something with my contactless card, my watch buzzes to tell me before I've even put the card back in my wallet. I'm old, so I'm always impressed with that kind of thing.
        Card? Wallet?! Pay using your watch, Grandad

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          Card? Wallet?! Pay using your watch, Grandad
          My watch doesn't do that. It just notifies me. I know I could do that with my phone, but I don't quite trust that yet.

One other thing...

You can only have one Starling account at a time (other than joint).

Tide can do more than one (ie. every day, tax account).

No problem with either on DDs, as far as I can see.

Comment

Any further suggestions, I see Tide and Starling don't even make this site: (or the Martin Lewis site)
            Business Bank Accounts - Business Banking | moneyfacts.co.uk

That web site as a whole looks a bit 2003
            All seem to be a bit "paid for" recommendations. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
              Anyone use this bank for their limited company accounts?

Had a look at them and I'm thinking about it as it would be cheaper than what I'm paying the current "known name" bank; but interested to see if there are any "gotchas" that would make the slightly cheaper running costs seem less enticing
              If it is a cost consideration, would your accountant not be able to introduce you to Cater Allen (part of the Santander group), we work with them and clients seem happy with the service. Cater Allen offer free business banking services to contractors with no restrictions on the direct debit set up as far as we are aware, their customer service is also at a very high standard, so overall a great choice for a contractor who is looking to save on the banking charges.
              Last edited by Chart Accountancy; 7 March 2019, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
                If it is a cost consideration, would your accountant not be able to introduce you to Cater Allen (part of the Santander group), we work with them and clients seem happy with the service. Cater Allen offer free business banking services to contractors with no restrictions on the direct debit set up as far as we are aware, their customer service is also at a very high standard, so overall a great choice for a contractor who is looking to save on the banking charges.
                I moved from Cater Allen to Tide when my situation changed and I was putting through a lot of individual transactions. Cater Allen gives you so many free transactions. I then had one month with stupid charges (stupid on my part, as I'd forgotten about this restriction, because it had simply never applied to me in 4 years). I'm now with Tide, in part because there is no monthly fee and the transaction charges are literally pennies.

Like anything, the one with the lowest charges will depend on your situation and how you use it.

Comment

I use starling - It's simple, it works and theres zero fees for anything. I use Monzo for my personal account though (and have done since 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by bhavic View Post
                    I use starling - It's simple, it works and theres zero fees for anything. I use Monzo for my personal account though (and have done since 2016)
                    I see Monzo are launching business accounts too.

Comment

Given the recent struggles that Metro are having, I'm looking to move.

I've signed up to the Monzo waiting list but will have to look at the others and see what looks good.

MyCo has two directors, two PSCs, some direct debits to pay, and I'd want FA integration. And ideally no fees.

If I ditch my accountant (starting to lose faith and trust in them right now) then I'll be getting an RBS account anyway for the FA deal so I may end up there instead :/
                      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                      X