• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tide - Business Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another small gripe with tide is the MasterCard debit card they give you does not work for car hire companies as classed as a prepaid card

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Another small gripe with tide is the MasterCard debit card they give you does not work for car hire companies as classed as a prepaid card

That is true. I agree it's a pain. Travelodge also don't accept the Tide card for this reason. I had to set up a business Paypal account, linked ot my Tide bank account, to book hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

It's not accepted as a valid card for Azure services either, for the same reason. I ended up getting a fee-free Barclaycard Business card for this purpose, rather than pay RBS £35 a year for their card.

Comment

I'm hearing Starling/FreeAgent integration is finally due to launch soon. If it does then I'm switching from HSBC to Starling.

Comment

Is Tide FSCS protected?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              Is Tide FSCS protected?
              No but they say they don't need it. Not so sure I believe that though.

Is my money safe? Will I have FSCS protection? - Support - Tide Community
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Quickbooks

Does anybody know if Tide links to quickbooks online? or if they plan to do it soon?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No but they say they don't need it. Not so sure I believe that though.

Is my money safe? Will I have FSCS protection? - Support - Tide Community
                  No, they don’t need it.

Until they do. I would NEVER put my money in anything that wasn’t FSCS protected.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Just go with Starling. They are a proper bank. Their FreeAgent integration is going live very soon. They're adding support for multi-PSC companies in the next month or two as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                      Just go with Starling. They are a proper bank. Their FreeAgent integration is going live very soon. They're adding support for multi-PSC companies in the next month or two as well.
                      Thats cool. I'll probably go from cater allen to starling once they support these two things.

I suspect these banks are all going for an exit though.

Comment

Working...
                      X