• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tide - Business Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tide - Business Banking

Anyone use this bank for their limited company accounts?

Tide Business Banking for Contractors | Contractor UK

Had a look at them and I'm thinking about it as it would be cheaper than what I'm paying the current "known name" bank; but interested to see if there are any "gotchas" that would make the slightly cheaper running costs seem less enticing
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 15:03.

Using them for a year, fab service, took 30 mins to be up and running

Only slight annoyance is when you do a transfer payment out, as they are not FP scheme members they queue the payments so sometimes it takes 30mins to reach the Ben account

Also has freeagent integration

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

May be worth checking whether they currently support direct debits. A few of these new challenger banks are becoming popular, but some of our clients have found out that they don't (yet) support direct debit payments out, which can be frustrating.

Comment

You've seen these yes? The cash side of it isn't really a problem for us as we generally don't use the business for cash but the Transfers one might need a bit of thinking about depending on how you use your account. Admittedly still probably less than the monthly rates of other existing bank accounts.

Transfers

20p when sending or receiving money from a non-Tide account

Cash withdrawals

£1 per ATM withdrawal

Cash deposits

£1 at the Post Office, 3% at PayPoint
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I looked into Tide but decided to go with Starling in the end. I haven't switched over from HSBC yet so the account is sitting empty, I'm just waiting for them to complete their FreeAgent integration and then I'll be making the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            May be worth checking whether they currently support direct debits. A few of these new challenger banks are becoming popular, but some of our clients have found out that they don't (yet) support direct debit payments out, which can be frustrating.
            FWIW, Starling does.

Comment

I also intend to switch over to Starling as soon as they support multi-director companies and FreeAgent integration, both of which are promised in the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                I also intend to switch over to Starling as soon as they support multi-director companies and FreeAgent integration, both of which are promised in the next couple of months.
                FWIW, I signed up to Starling and MyCo has two company directors (my wife and I). I think it's to do with the number of PSCs rather than directors (my wife only has a 25% shareholding so is not a PSC).

Comment

Thanks - given I use DD a lot, I might stay where I am then.

The actual per transaction charge would make it cheaper but if DD is an issue it's a non-starter

Comment

I've got the same issue with Starling, definitely interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X