• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid contract change in insurance requirements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid contract change in insurance requirements

Hi,

Mid-contract my insurance documents were due to expire. I renewed, ensuring no gap and am preparing to send to client.

The client says that they now require insurance at a few million quid higher than when I originally signed the contract and this will add a few hundred quid on to the policy cost.

Seems a bit odd. Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on in the background? How would you respond?

Untouchable1

I assume this is professional indemnity insurance?

I would seek to clarify why they have changed their requirement from what was agreed in the contract before doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      I assume this is professional indemnity insurance?

I would seek to clarify why they have changed their requirement from what was agreed in the contract before doing anything.
      They've seen him working now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
        Hi,

Mid-contract my insurance documents were due to expire. I renewed, ensuring no gap and am preparing to send to client.

The client says that they now require insurance at a few million quid higher than when I originally signed the contract and this will add a few hundred quid on to the policy cost.

Seems a bit odd. Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on in the background? How would you respond?

Untouchable1
        They cannot change the terms of the contract just like that. Usually this would be done at renewal. Make sure that you get a new schedule, with the new requirement before you do anything.
        Are you sure it’s an additional few hundred quid though? Seems steep. Shop around a bit.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Also. Unless you’re direct, it’s not the client’s business what your cover is. They need to talk to the agency.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X