• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2019 electric vehicle: a relevant example

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 electric vehicle: a relevant example

There has been lots of threads on electric cars, but none seems to apply the tasty 2020 BIK incentive. If I’ve been a bit thick and missed a relevant thread citing this specific example please point me in the right direction.

I understand for electric cars you no longer have to stipulate the number of business miles vs personal miles you, thus making it opaque on the business / personal mix.

A lot of people here in the past have turned up their noses at EV due to the poor choices available, however a certain British / Indian manufacturer makes a viable family car option, without the unimaginative American Tesla styling.

If such a purchase was made for £60k, and I aim to use it 80% for business 20% for personal, how is the tax calculated...is it just a flat BIK of 2%? Is the VAT and Corp tax a write down?

Do I get access to the new government grant for a further discount on the vehicle?

Is the charging station I install tax deductible also?

If I sell the car in 4 years for £30k, does £6k need to be paid as Corp tax?

Thank you for your patience, and I do apologise if this has been already covered for a 2019 / 2020

Working...
X