• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I classify Uber/ViaVan in my accountancy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I classify Uber/ViaVan in my accountancy?

Hello,

The other they I used ViaVan (it's the same than Uber but cheaper) and I used my business card to pay (it was a business trip).

I use Crunch but I see several options:
    "Public transport and taxis"
    "Vehicle Rentals"
    "Company Van Running costs"

Which one should I use?
    BTW, it appears that the receipt I received from them does not mention VAT, it seems it is zero.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot.

Do you have a company van? If not, that isn't an option...

Were you carrying goods for sale? If so, it's Cost of Sales under anything appropriate, such as shipping.

Otherwise, it's a taxi. Don't overthink these things, they are mostly irrelevant for small businesses.

VAT may not apply because the driver is self employed (...) and not VAT registered.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Do you have a company van? If not, that isn't an option...

Were you carrying goods for sale? If so, it's Cost of Sales under anything appropriate, such as shipping.

Otherwise, it's a taxi. Don't overthink these things, they are mostly irrelevant for small businesses.

VAT may not apply because the driver is self employed (...) and not VAT registered.
      Thanks a lot, it makes sense, I was not sure.

Comment

I'd say it was Taxi fare. How come you're asking on here rather than asking Crunch directly?

Comment

Sounds like a taxi but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Post it there and move on with your life!

Comment

Working...
          X