• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminated for asking questions about my data.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please delete thread.
    Last edited by contractUKonline; 9 March 2019, 12:53. Reason: can't find "close thread"

Chalk it up to experience and start looking for your next contract.

Was your audio recording obtained legally?

Comment

A big FCA regulated organisation, collecting data they need. I suspect it was the way you asked as these companies have documented policies on how they handle the data.
      Or you could (and still can) do a DSAR to find out.
      The very fact that you chose to record the conversation should have been the tipping point where you realised you’d got this wrong.

Little cog in a big machine sounds like you’d be under direction and control.

Oh. It’s ‘damning’ unless you’re a beaver.
      Last edited by Lance; 9 March 2019, 10:18.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Was your audio recording obtained legally?
        Absolutely this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          A big FCA regulated organisation, collecting data they need. I suspect it was the way you asked as these companies have documented policies on how they handle the data.
          Or you could (and still can) do a DSAR to find out.
          The very fact that you chose to record the conversation should have been the tipping point where you realised you’d got this wrong.

Little cog in a big machine sounds like you’d be under direction and control.

Oh. It’s ‘damning’ unless you’re a beaver.
          Interesting replies. I sort of wanted to gauge the response, it's curious that the company is unethical and the focus is on the recording.

How did you mean I got this wrong? By asking questions?

I did my research on this one:
          Employment law - Can my employee record our conversations? - Stephens Scown

Comment

Originally posted by contractUKonline View Post
            Interesting replies. I sort of wanted to gauge the response, it's curious that the company is unethical and the focus is on the recording.

Are you a contractor (third party resource) or an employee?

Comment

What do you hope to gain? Are you seeking compensation for early termination? For them to reinstate your contract and take you back on?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                What do you hope to gain? Are you seeking compensation for early termination? For them to reinstate your contract and take you back on?
                Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                Are you a contractor (third party resource) or an employee?
                Contract

Yeah, thing is I'm pretty experienced. I am privileged to have landed a new role a few days later. However I'm not one for "staying silent" when it comes to this type of unethical behaviour.

The part I missed out is I have legal insurance and a claim has been accepted under contract breach so it's just now a case of seeing what happens.

Comment

Contract

<snip>

Why are you quoting employment regs then ?

next.....
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Why are you quoting employment regs then ?

next.....
                    Wow, this is not the community for me. i'll close this.

Comment

Working...
                    X