IR35 and 'work trackers' IR35 and 'work trackers' - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 14 of 14

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    If you're not employed by them, it's nothing to do
    That rather depends on whether the motivation is to track employee performance or project progress, does it not? If it's the latter then why wouldn't anyone working on the project (including contractors) fill it in?

OP could refuse of course, is it worth risking getting canned over a bit of paperwork?

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    That rather depends on whether the motivation is to track employee performance or project progress, does it not? If it's the latter then why wouldn't anyone working on the project (including contractors) fill it in?

OP could refuse of course, is it worth risking getting canned over a bit of paperwork?
    The OP hasn't said that they have been asked to fill it in - only that employees have. So I'd stay well out of what they do with their employees - as a contractor, the steps that they ask their employees to take are none of my business.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    The OP hasn't said that they have been asked to fill it in - only that employees have. So I'd stay well out of what they do with their employees - as a contractor, the steps that they ask their employees to take are none of my business.
    I agree, fair point - unless explicitly asked I would also ignore anything addressed to "all employees". But it may just be lazy language on the client's part and I wouldn't be surprised if its shortly followed by a "oh by the way, we also meant contractors too" email.

Super poster

Fill in the tracker to the highest level of detail. e.g. If doing project based work just say 'x hours working on project y' for each day. If they want more detail they'll ask for it. Likely they just want the numbers so no need to waste time on detail that no-one will be interested in (except the project manager who should be on the ball with this stuff anyway), unless they ask for it.

See it as evidencing for timesheets.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.