• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and 'work trackers'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    If you're not employed by them, it's nothing to do
    That rather depends on whether the motivation is to track employee performance or project progress, does it not? If it's the latter then why wouldn't anyone working on the project (including contractors) fill it in?

OP could refuse of course, is it worth risking getting canned over a bit of paperwork?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      That rather depends on whether the motivation is to track employee performance or project progress, does it not? If it's the latter then why wouldn't anyone working on the project (including contractors) fill it in?

OP could refuse of course, is it worth risking getting canned over a bit of paperwork?
      The OP hasn't said that they have been asked to fill it in - only that employees have. So I'd stay well out of what they do with their employees - as a contractor, the steps that they ask their employees to take are none of my business.
      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
        The OP hasn't said that they have been asked to fill it in - only that employees have. So I'd stay well out of what they do with their employees - as a contractor, the steps that they ask their employees to take are none of my business.
        I agree, fair point - unless explicitly asked I would also ignore anything addressed to "all employees". But it may just be lazy language on the client's part and I wouldn't be surprised if its shortly followed by a "oh by the way, we also meant contractors too" email.

Comment

Fill in the tracker to the highest level of detail. e.g. If doing project based work just say 'x hours working on project y' for each day. If they want more detail they'll ask for it. Likely they just want the numbers so no need to waste time on detail that no-one will be interested in (except the project manager who should be on the ball with this stuff anyway), unless they ask for it.

See it as evidencing for timesheets.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
          X