• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipts and Freeagent - what's your workflow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipts and Freeagent - what's your workflow?

Originally posted by Skag View Post
    So, the daily £7 from Tesco for lunch, 3 coffees at £2 each, and a tube ticket, do I need to keep the receipts?
    FA seems to recognize them these days, what I do is I keep one receipt at every five transactions, just to prove that it's for meals while at work..

For pub meals that tend to be on the £15-20, I try to put them all in FA though.
    If you reclaim the VAT you really should have the receipts to prove there was VAT paid.

If not then it’s up to you, but remember that receipts are evidence.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There's an argument that if you scan in a receipt it's always available whereas presenting a faded illegible bit of paper that's 5 years old during an investigation offers a smidge of plausible deniability. Never tested it...

Comment

The records for an accounting period are to be kept for six years from the end of that period, and typical records include evidence of money received and spent by the company, such as receipts, invoices, bank statements, and a valid invoice is required to reclaim VAT. Electronic copies of all documents are perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
        X