• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance/protection from public liabilities for non-uk based self employed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance/protection from public liabilities for non-uk based self employed?

Hello,

I am considering an option where I move from UK to a EU country, live there and set myself up as a self-employed and hence get the contry's tax residency status. I then want to work remotely for a UK client. I would raise monthly invoices for my services. Since I'd be a self-employed I want to understand how to protect myself from public liabilities. For UK registered LTDs there exist a number of such insurance products. I wonder though how best could I protect myself? I understand there is ongoing brexit.. but i want to plan things ahead and see what options are there.

Regards

Why not approach a business adviser/insurance broker in your destination country?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X