Insurance/protection from public liabilities for non-uk based self employed? Insurance/protection from public liabilities for non-uk based self employed?
Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Nervous Newbie

Default Insurance/protection from public liabilities for non-uk based self employed?

Hello,

I am considering an option where I move from UK to a EU country, live there and set myself up as a self-employed and hence get the contry's tax residency status. I then want to work remotely for a UK client. I would raise monthly invoices for my services. Since I'd be a self-employed I want to understand how to protect myself from public liabilities. For UK registered LTDs there exist a number of such insurance products. I wonder though how best could I protect myself? I understand there is ongoing brexit.. but i want to plan things ahead and see what options are there.

Regards

Respect my authoritah!

Why not approach a business adviser/insurance broker in your destination country?
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.