• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla accounting. Are they that good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Assuming Chris is male, I believe the guy spoke to a lady, so can confirm Chris was not the source of the "warm and fuzzyness"
    Yeah, the funny thing (at least for us) is I'm fairly confident the potential client who got the warm and fuzzy feeling spoke to Julie. Julie is originally from the Ukraine, and has a reputation for being (brilliant but) rather blunt! If I had to guess the kind of compliments she might receive, warm/fuzzy wouldn't be on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      Yeah, the funny thing (at least for us) is I'm fairly confident the potential client who got the warm and fuzzy feeling spoke to Julie. Julie is originally from the Ukraine, and has a reputation for being (brilliant but) rather blunt! If I had to guess the kind of compliments she might receive, warm/fuzzy wouldn't be on the list!
      That ought to be your company motto! Maslins Accounting - Brilliant but blunt.

I'd buy that!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'd buy that!!
        We'd better go with something else then

Comment

We'd better go with something else then
          Brilliant!! But blunt

Maslins - Costs money

That would keep me away, but also everyone else in Yorkshire.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 3 May 2019, 14:38.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just to clarify - warm/fuzzy was my interpretation of their positive feedback, and not a direct comment that I can attribute to them

Comment

Originally posted by LatinUnit
              @NLUK by Clever I meant CleverAccounts I've been going through a lot of threads over the past 24 hours on this forum and have seen them on a few posts.

If by tomorrow 2pm no-one has convinced me to go with Dolan or someone else... I'll go with Gorilla/Dolan? or maybe CleverAccounts wait? thats three... guess is all down to the old coin flip? unless.... Surely, if I am putting my self out there as a potential new long term customer, I'd expect some form contact from these accountants, I'd expect VIP treatment to be honest.

@DolanAccountancy
              @Ron@Clever Accounts
              @Gorilla

DONT worry about VIP treatment. Base it on recommendations, reputation and trust.
              Also forget small referral fees that some offer on here as that shouldn't be a basis for choosing an accountant.
              I have dealt with Dolan and can recommend - reasonable cost, FA and long history on CUK.

Clever not seen any negative press here.

Comment

Agree with Saptastic. I looked through the lists on this forum, and did some searching on the net. In the end I went with Maslins after a chat with Julie.

Depends what you want out of it, and how much assistance you require. I didn't want a large firm and wanted a Chartered Accountant (in the firm), FA, Director accounts etc etc. So far I am happy with the level of service and advise.

There are many good accountants out there and many are also forum contributors. Best of luck whomever you choose.

Comment

Working...
                X