• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla accounting. Are they that good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok very entertaining... not sure why i ended up reading through all that argument between egos.

anyways so gorilla clever and who was the other one? dolan accountants? i need to chose one, someonee pleasee

Comment

Where did you get Clever from. Don't know anything about them. Do they offer FA as part of their service.

I know Gorilla do everything you will need and with Dolan pedigree I am sure they will too so nothing in it really.

I'd ring each up and have a chat to see which gives you the warmest feeling. Although that said you'll be speaking to their new sales teams not the actual accounts.

Or just toss a coin.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LatinUnit View Post
        ok very entertaining... not sure why i ended up reading through all that argument between egos.

anyways so gorilla clever and who was the other one? dolan accountants? i need to chose one, someonee pleasee
        If you need to choose someone I’d go with who you’re most comfortable with. Ask to speak to an accountant to put your mind at rest.

Gorilla have recruited a number of experienced accountants from other well known firms. In my opinion the best employees always move first and don’t get too complacent.

I went through a number of accountants before moving to Gorilla and have never looked back. Whichever accountant you choose make sure it’s a FreeAgent one and doesn’t use a bespoke portal designed a decade ago.
        Last edited by rocketjet; 3 May 2019, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinUnit
          @NLUK by Clever I meant CleverAccounts I've been going through a lot of threads over the past 24 hours on this forum and have seen them on a few posts.

If by tomorrow 2pm no-one has convinced me to go with Dolan or someone else... I'll go with Gorilla/Dolan? or maybe CleverAccounts wait? thats three... guess is all down to the old coin flip? unless.... Surely, if I am putting my self out there as a potential new long term customer, I'd expect some form contact from these accountants, I'd expect VIP treatment to be honest.

@DolanAccountancy
          @Ron@Clever Accounts
          @Gorilla
          get over yourself

Comment

@NLUK by Clever I meant CleverAccounts I've been going through a lot of threads over the past 24 hours on this forum and have seen them on a few posts.

If by tomorrow 2pm no-one has convinced me to go with Dolan or someone else... I'll go with Gorilla/Dolan? or maybe CleverAccounts wait? thats three... guess is all down to the old coin flip? unless.... Surely, if I am putting my self out there as a potential new long term customer, I'd expect some form contact from these accountants, I'd expect VIP treatment to be honest.

@DolanAccountancy
            @Ron@Clever Accounts
            @Gorilla
            A couple of people from Dolan accountancy post on here from time to time. I think Ron's posted a handful of times. I don't think anyone from Gorilla has posted on here. None of them are very active on the forum, so I doubt you'll get a response from one of them unless you contact them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              A couple of people from Dolan accountancy post on here from time to time. I think Ron's posted a handful of times. I don't think anyone from Gorilla has posted on here. None of them are very active on the forum, so I doubt you'll get a response from one of them unless you contact them directly.
              OP. You've got another to add to your list right there BTW

Comment

If by tomorrow 2pm no-one has convinced me to go with Dolan or someone else... I'll go with Gorilla/Dolan? or maybe CleverAccounts wait? thats three... guess is all down to the old coin flip? unless.... Surely, if I am putting my self out there as a potential new long term customer, I'd expect some form contact from these accountants, I'd expect VIP treatment to be honest .
                Get over yourself. You are just another number in the their churn. And, to be honest, if it's taking you this long and this much effort to find an accountant I don't think they'll be overly sad about not getting your business.

Comment

Spoke to another contractor who was looking for an accountant recently - they phoned up a few of the usuals and went with Maslins, having got that warm & fuzzy feeling from them !

Maybe add those to your list also

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                    Spoke to another contractor who was looking for an accountant recently - they phoned up a few of the usuals and went with Maslins, having got that warm & fuzzy feeling from them !

Maybe add those to your list also
                    I can think of a lot of positives about Maslins... but warm and fuzzy isn't the first one that springs to mind

Maybe Chris has been banned from the phones

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I can think of a lot of positives about Maslins... but warm and fuzzy isn't the first one that springs to mind

Maybe Chris has been banned from the phones
                      Assuming Chris is male, I believe the guy spoke to a lady, so can confirm Chris was not the source of the "warm and fuzzyness"

Comment

Working...
                      X