• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Board meeting while abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I'm the sole director of a UK limited company and I'd like the company to pay a dividend.

I am currently abroad on holiday so is it okay for a board meeting for the dividend resolution to be held outside the UK? The minutes state where the meeting was held.

Is this an issue at all?

Thanks!

No

Edit: I mean why on earth would it be a problem? Your minutes also do not need to include a location. Why would they?
    Last edited by MrButton; 6 April 2019, 14:30.

Comment

At least we've got a contender for post of the new financial year already
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Found a page that indicates there could be tax implications depending on the country where the meeting is held but it says there's no issue in the UK with it.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 8 April 2019, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by concord View Post
          Found a page that indicates there could be tax implications depending on the country where the meeting is held but it says there's no issue in the UK with it.
          Even if it was actually a problem (it’s not), you could take a director loan and then clear that with a dividend on your return to the UK.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 8 April 2019, 16:14.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Phew. From the topic subject I anticipated it'd be someone trying to argue they shouldn't pay any UK tax on their earnings cos they declared it whilst on holiday. I'm glad it isn't!

Concord, you're fine...though I don't understand the urgency. If your post had been on 5 April I might have done (though my response would be too late to be of use).

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              Phew. From the topic subject I anticipated it'd be someone trying to argue they shouldn't pay any UK tax on their earnings cos they declared it whilst on holiday. I'm glad it isn't!.
              That happens when you spend too much time on the forums
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

<placeholder> I conducted company business whilst away from MyCo's registered address. Can I claim travel expenses for what is now a business trip?</placeholder>

Comment

Just say the meeting was in the UK and you dialled in
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    <placeholder> I conducted company business whilst away from MyCo's registered address. Can I claim travel expenses for what is now a business trip?</placeholder>
                    In fairness reading the thread title I thought he was going to claim the cost of the trip home to attend
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X