Starling now integrates with FreeAgent Starling now integrates with FreeAgent - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    38,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    IR35suckx@hotmail.com
    Contractor4Lyf
    Is that the best comedy log in you can come up with?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #12

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is that the best comedy log in you can come up with?
    It's been a long week already.... the grey matter is far from firing on all cylinders at the moment.

  3. #13

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    I was... didn't think to look in the Starling App. Oh wow, now that is very cool. Seamless.

    Thank you!
    Umm. Is it really seamless? You couldn’t work out how to do it ;-)

  4. #14

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Got the email from Starling yesterday (having already linked to FA earlier that morning) - the link to their blog post walks through the steps to activate.

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning

    JRCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    557

    Default

    does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

    So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

    Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?

  6. #16

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRCT View Post
    does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

    So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

    Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?
    Sounds like Monzo's pot - you put money aside into a pot/space so you don't see/spend it. If FA sees it as an outgoing transaction then I'd assume that you would need to create it as a separate bank account in FA, and then have the outgoing transaction going to that account - so FA will balance.

    But ... my accountant wanted bank statements for all my FA listed accounts to do my year end accounts, so Spaces could complete that maybe.
    And, unless Spaces are paying interest, i wouldn't consider stashing cash into it.

  7. #17

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near London, UK
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRCT View Post
    does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

    So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

    Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?
    I’ve not used it but just wanted to say you CAN have multiple accounts with Starling. I’m wondering if I should get one as my current balance exceeds the £85k FSCS protection limit.

  8. #18

    Fingers like lightning

    JRCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I’ve not used it but just wanted to say you CAN have multiple accounts with Starling. I’m wondering if I should get one as my current balance exceeds the £85k FSCS protection limit.
    You can't have multiple accounts with Starling. Other that one personal, one joint, one business. That's it.

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    38,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I’ve not used it but just wanted to say you CAN have multiple accounts with Starling. I’m wondering if I should get one as my current balance exceeds the £85k FSCS protection limit.
    I thought you are only protected per person per bank so multiple accounts wouldn't add addition protection would it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #20

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near London, UK
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I thought you are only protected per person per bank so multiple accounts wouldn't add addition protection would it?
    Ah you’re right, damn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •