• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starling now integrates with FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    [email protected]
    Contractor4Lyf
    Is that the best comedy log in you can come up with?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is that the best comedy log in you can come up with?
      It's been a long week already.... the grey matter is far from firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
        I was... didn't think to look in the Starling App. Oh wow, now that is very cool. Seamless.

Thank you!
        Umm. Is it really seamless? You couldn’t work out how to do it ;-)

Comment

Got the email from Starling yesterday (having already linked to FA earlier that morning) - the link to their blog post walks through the steps to activate.

Comment

does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
              does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?
              Sounds like Monzo's pot - you put money aside into a pot/space so you don't see/spend it. If FA sees it as an outgoing transaction then I'd assume that you would need to create it as a separate bank account in FA, and then have the outgoing transaction going to that account - so FA will balance.

But ... my accountant wanted bank statements for all my FA listed accounts to do my year end accounts, so Spaces could complete that maybe.
              And, unless Spaces are paying interest, i wouldn't consider stashing cash into it.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

I’ve not used it but just wanted to say you CAN have multiple accounts with Starling. I’m wondering if I should get one as my current balance exceeds the £85k FSCS protection limit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  I’ve not used it but just wanted to say you CAN have multiple accounts with Starling. I’m wondering if I should get one as my current balance exceeds the £85k FSCS protection limit.
                  You can't have multiple accounts with Starling. Other that one personal, one joint, one business. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    I thought you are only protected per person per bank so multiple accounts wouldn't add addition protection would it?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I thought you are only protected per person per bank so multiple accounts wouldn't add addition protection would it?
                      Ah you’re right, damn.

Comment

Working...
                      X