• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starling now integrates with FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "missing" transaction appeared in FA during the afternoon.

Just needed some patience !

Comment

Originally posted by Paul WSS View Post
      Tempted to transfer to Starling as part of the 'Business Banking Switch' offers from RBS, especially now that they have Freeagent enabled.
      I switched from HSBC to RBS as they bought Freeagent. I use now the same Freeagent account for free and all transactions appeared without any effort from me. Starling is amazing for personal use as a shopping account to see all transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by FK1 View Post
        Starling is amazing for personal use as a shopping account to see all transactions.
        I'd disagree, based on my experience to date with Starling. Had no real issues with their business account - and especially good if you're a cheapskate like me and want free banking !

Even paid a cheque into my Ltd's account the other day...

It would be nice if their FreeAgent integration was consistent, but only as I want everything NOW!

Comment

I have a Starling personal account which I don’t really use. I prefer Monzo although I only use it for spending out and about, I haven’t moved away from first direct...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            does anyone use the 'Spaces' thing with Starling. It's a bit of a weird thing with Starling. You can only have one account per person or business, but they have these 'spaces' that you can save money towards something. I thought I'd just try it for tax money. But of course, Freeagent is not going to pick that up.

So, if you have £2k in your acct and £1k in your space, then Freeagent will only ever show your balance as £2k and an outgoing transaction of £1k.

Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?
            Yeah spaces doesn’t seem to work if you’re using it with freeagent. As freeagent sees it as a transfer out of your account.

But rubbish imo. I’d have thought they would have handled this as part of the integration with freeagent.

I asked their customer service chat. But no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
              Anyone got an idea how to make this work in Freeagent, or is the spaces thing as weird as it sounds and just shouldn't be touched?
              Create a new bank account in FA and call it something like "Starling Corporation Tax Space". Then when the transaction goes through as a withdrawal in FA, categorise the transaction as a transfer to another account.

Not sure what interest Starling pay, but wouldn't you be better off having a different bank account elsewhere so that you can earn something on the sum you have in there. Aldermore have reasonable rates on a 1 year fixed term at the moment, or they have a flexible rate for flexible durations. No FA data feed though.
              I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                Create a new bank account in FA and call it something like "Starling Corporation Tax Space". Then when the transaction goes through as a withdrawal in FA, categorise the transaction as a transfer to another account.
                I have done similar for several non-banking, loan-type arrangements to third-parties. It's very straight forward and keeps everything nice and neat.
                HTH.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The starling dev on twitter says he’s working on making spaces work properly with the freeagent integration.

Comment

Starling debit card has a £10k transaction limit on it. Must try and remember that when paying next year's corp tax

Comment

Bumping old thread but has anybody else realised that FreeAgent's Starling integration doesn't support automatic guessing of transactions like all other FreeAgent bank feed/imports since...well forever? I noticed none of my transactions were being guessed correctly and when I raised this with FreeAgent support I was told "Guess feature isn't available on the Starling integration".

Comment

Working...
                      X