• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How common is that in contracts and should I ask to have this removed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    This protects the agent's revenue stream so not a chance they will remove it.

It is actually unenforceable in most cases as it's far too generic and 12 months is too long. No chance that will stand up in court. Handcuffs have to be fair and reasonable that that one is not. Doesn't really help you knowing that because the agent will try pull it and you might have to get lawyered up to defend it.

That said... Does it even make sense? Looks very badly written to me but them I'm a bit crap at legalese.
    your legalese may be crap, but not as crap as whoever wrote that clause. And they charged over £200 an hour!!!
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I suspect the OP replaced the agency name with “Agency”

Comment

Unless the services are defined as being for this one client on this specific project, i personally wouldn't agree to the clause.
        As has been said these clauses are written to protect the agency's revenue stream and that shouldn't be an issue normally. However this clause seems to be saying the op can't work anywhere other than through this agency.
        Last edited by fidot; 13 April 2019, 11:17.

Comment

Working...
        X