MSC legislation 2007 MSC legislation 2007 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 13 of 13

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Spam day at Qdos. I got it and deleted it as I’ve never been part of a tax avoidance scheme.
    I didnt see it as a tax avoidance scheme it was just that someone else was running a ltd on behalf of a contractor. It was a common legal alternative to umbrella back then.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by NickNick View Post
    I didnt see it as a tax avoidance scheme it was just that someone else was running a ltd on behalf of a contractor. It was a common legal alternative to umbrella back then.
    Thing is, you get the tax breaks as a company owner because you accept a degree of risk over things like late payments and operating overheads. Pretending to have a company - which is what Brooksons and others were facilitating - and having them doing all the work and making the decisions so you were simply a figurehead to get those tax breaks is clearly an avoidance measure.
    Blog? What blog...?

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Thing is, you get the tax breaks as a company owner because you accept a degree of risk over things like late payments and operating overheads. Pretending to have a company - which is what Brooksons and others were facilitating - and having them doing all the work and making the decisions so you were simply a figurehead to get those tax breaks is clearly an avoidance measure.
    Fair enough. Backdating it is a dick move though
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"