• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Ltd Company Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ltd Company Contractor

I'm sure this has been done to death a million times on here, so apologies in advance. So yeah, to the question. Can anyone recommend an accountant to go for? I will definitely need insurance > 2M as per my contract. So if this is bundled in that would be excellent.

Googling isn't usually god but Clever Accounts seemed to do the works for £100.

Thoughts?

I prefer a local accountant that has been recommended from someone who already uses them. I like to be able to have a face to face meeting when required. I’m not bothered about insurance as I use QDOS for that. MTD might be a new factor to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
      I'm sure this has been done to death a million times on here, so apologies in advance. So yeah, to the question. Can anyone recommend an accountant to go for? I will definitely need insurance > 2M as per my contract. So if this is bundled in that would be excellent.

Thoughts?
      there's a sticky on the subject at the top of this forum.

Why on earth would an accountant bundle insurance (the exception being QDOS)? Just find an accountant. And find some insurance. There's no benefit in them coming from the same people.

£100 a month is expensive.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Clever Accounts insurance query

Hi ApeShape,

Thank you for visiting our website. Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding our Premium package.

All the best,

Ron

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          there's a sticky on the subject at the top of this forum.

Why on earth would an accountant bundle insurance (the exception being QDOS)? Just find an accountant. And find some insurance. There's no benefit in them coming from the same people.

Mind if I ask what you do, and how much you pay for your accounting? Does it include receipt/expenses/vat etc?

Comment

Mind if I ask what you do, and how much you pay for your accounting? Does it include receipt/expenses/vat etc?
            Read the sticky. Do some research in to any companies you are interested in.

Saying that, looking at your username Gorilla Accounting looks most apt.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 16 April 2019, 09:16.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

It's not really

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                It's not really
                it's more than £85 a month for the same service, but without FreeAgent.
                I don't think worrying about £15 a month is much in the grand scheme of things but if the services is worse, for more money, then I'd make an exception.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X