• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working remotely from the UK for German company/agency. Where do I pay tax ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
    I'm likely to be in this boat come January so what would be my options when working remote with occasional trips to Germany for business meetings?
    Shouldn't be a problem you will be taxed in the UK.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
      So starting a UK Ltd and then living and working from a home in a foreign country with a low cost of living and low tax rate, might lead to some very favourable profits?
      If you are not a UK tax resident, you will need to comply with the tax rules in the country you live in. However, you might have to learn a foreign language which might be expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
        If you are not a UK tax resident, you will need to comply with the tax rules in the country you live in. However, you might have to learn a foreign language which might be expensive
        The Isle of Man isn't very far. And as far as I know, there's no bar to a UK national living and working there.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X