• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are credit checks done in pre-employmnet screening for banking in France?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are credit checks done in pre-employmnet screening for banking in France?

Have a possible gig in France with a finance company.

In my quick bit of googling it may appear that background pre-employment screening is by law, far less intrusive than it is here in the UK.

Does anyone have experience in this area? Have you been credit checked as part of pre-employment screening for a contracting gig with a finance company in France?

I will fail a credit check.

I did a gig for a very high profile finance company in mainland Europe 3 years ago and was not credit checked at all - which did surprise me.
    SO maybe laws in mainland Europe - including france - don't allow it ?

Anyone any experience?
    Last edited by qwertyuiop725; 17 April 2019, 13:24.

I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing you can do to change the situation, is thete?

Comment

Working...
    X