• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using an EU "billing company" to invoice my client and then pay to my offshore LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just get them to pay you with a cheque and nip down the local cash converters. Sorted.

Oh.. The CUK text editor has gone all Millennial on me. It does't know what cheque is and is trying to auto-correct it to quench. That's lit AF!
    Krugerrands.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Krugerrands.
      They are fine thanks for asking. Bit of cream and they dried up nicely.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The dodgy tax implications are the least of the problems, you will find zero agencies who will work this way so it's a non starter, if you go down the ltd route they will insist on a UK company for which you are the majority share holder
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          The dodgy tax implications are the least of the problems, you will find zero agencies who will work this way so it's a non starter, if you go down the ltd route they will insist on a UK company for which you are the majority share holder
          My experience is that most don´t care if the contract is outside UK.
          And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country
          for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bul View Post
            My experience is that most don´t care if the contract is outside UK.
            And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country
            for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.
            Aye, - good luck with that, DO let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by bul View Post
              And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.
              1. You are due to pay tax where the work is done.
              2. Being not tax resident does not mean you have no tax liability
              3. Agencies don't care how you arrange your matters and if you get prosecuted for tax evasion, so long as they get paid.
              4. Everyone is tax resident somewhere. Some people have multiple tax residencies. No-one is tax resident nowhere.
              5. Your understanding is lacking.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                1. You are due to pay tax where the work is done.
                2. Being not tax resident does not mean you have no tax liability
                3. Agencies don't care how you arrange your matters and if you get prosecuted for tax evasion, so long as they get paid.
                4. Everyone is tax resident somewhere. Some people have multiple tax residencies. No-one is tax resident nowhere.
                5. Your understanding is lacking.
                You pay tax where the work is done unless it's less than 180 days and other criterias are met.
                If you are not a tax resident anywhere then no double taxation agreement will relevant to you.
                To avoid paying tax in the host country you need to prove that it's payable in your home country

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                  You pay tax where the work is done unless it's less than 180 days and other criterias are met.
                  Typically, false. It's a common mistake to confuse tax on worldwide income (e.g. based on residency, which is in turn based on residency criteria) with tax in general. The general rule, with few exceptions, is that income tax is paid, from day one, where the work is done.

Comment

Generally, you are liable for tax for any income earned in any country. For example if you own a flat in Croatia and you get rent, you are liable for tax in Croatia, even if you've never been there.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X