Using an EU "billing company" to invoice my client and then pay to my offshore LTD Using an EU "billing company" to invoice my client and then pay to my offshore LTD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just get them to pay you with a cheque and nip down the local cash converters. Sorted.

Oh.. The CUK text editor has gone all Millennial on me. It does't know what cheque is and is trying to auto-correct it to quench. That's lit AF!
    Krugerrands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Krugerrands.
    They are fine thanks for asking. Bit of cream and they dried up nicely.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

TykeLike

The dodgy tax implications are the least of the problems, you will find zero agencies who will work this way so it's a non starter, if you go down the ltd route they will insist on a UK company for which you are the majority share holder
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    The dodgy tax implications are the least of the problems, you will find zero agencies who will work this way so it's a non starter, if you go down the ltd route they will insist on a UK company for which you are the majority share holder
    My experience is that most don´t care if the contract is outside UK.
    And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country
    for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by bul View Post
    My experience is that most don´t care if the contract is outside UK.
    And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country
    for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.
    Aye, - good luck with that, DO let us know how you get on.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by bul View Post
    And BTW my understanding also was that you are not tax resident if you don´t live/work in the country for more than 6 months, that is why many agencies let you use your UK LTD instead of paying local taxes.
    1. You are due to pay tax where the work is done.
    2. Being not tax resident does not mean you have no tax liability
    3. Agencies don't care how you arrange your matters and if you get prosecuted for tax evasion, so long as they get paid.
    4. Everyone is tax resident somewhere. Some people have multiple tax residencies. No-one is tax resident nowhere.
    5. Your understanding is lacking.
    "Boom! Boom!" - B. Brush