• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using an EU "billing company" to invoice my client and then pay to my offshore LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using an EU "billing company" to invoice my client and then pay to my offshore LTD

Yeah, I know it sounds dodgy, but my situation is, not always, that I am not resident in any counntry, because my contracts length is 3 or 6 months.

The problem is that clients/agencies FEAR to pay OFFSHORE LTD´s, I know that there are companys out there that will invoice you client for a fee and then pay to any OFFSHORE LTD.

What doo you think about this? is it legal providing I am not resident in any country?
    Does anyone knows such billing companies? names? websites?

Are you asking how to avoid paying tax in your country of residence at any given time? (You may not stay long enough to become tax resident but that doesn’t mean you aren’t liable to tax there).

Comment

The general rule is that you're liable to pay tax, from day one, where the work is done. There are specific rules. Not resident for tax purposes does not mean not liable for tax.

You're one of: not kidding anyone; or woefully ill-informed.

Comment

There were some useful comments in this thread:
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t=#post2598674
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by bul View Post
          Yeah, I know it sounds dodgy, but my situation is, not always, that I am not resident in any counntry, because my contracts length is 3 or 6 months.

The problem is that clients/agencies FEAR to pay OFFSHORE LTD´s, I know that there are companys out there that will invoice you client for a fee and then pay to any OFFSHORE LTD.

What doo you think about this? is it legal providing I am not resident in any country?
          Does anyone knows such billing companies? names? websites?
          You’ve got (at least) three separate questions there.
          - where do you pay tax?
          - where does your company pay tax?
          - is factoring legal?

For you personally, as others have said, residency may not be a factor depending on what country it is. For the U.K., for example, even if you are a non-resident you pay tax on what you earn here:

Tax on foreign income: UK residence and tax - GOV.UK

Same for a non-resident company:

Using an Offshore Company | Offshore Formations 24.7

You’ll need to engage an accountant in the client country to determine if the rules are similar there.

Factoring is generally where a company will buy your debts/invoices from you, but you’re still the one that needs to issue the invoice to the client. For another “billing company” to issue the invoice they would need to have the contract with the client.

Comment

Where you work is where you pay tax. No-one is tax-resident nowhere.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just get them to pay you with a cheque and nip down the local cash converters. Sorted.

Oh.. The CUK text editor has gone all Millennial on me. It does't know what cheque is and is trying to auto-correct it to quench. That's lit AF!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Oh.. The CUK text editor has gone all Millennial on me. It does't know what cheque is and is trying to auto-correct it to quench. That's lit AF!
                That'll be your browser.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lit?

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                    Lit?
                    Yeah.. AF!

Millennial speak or summat. Sick innt.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X