• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P45 request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P45 request

Hello everyone,
    I have a question.
    I was working for a company on a sub-contractor basis.
    I'm going to finish working for them in a few months.
    We just had an agreement signed between us not a contract.
    I was receiving a monthly wage via bank transfer upon sending my invoice for the hours I did.

I wonder if I can request P 45 from them?
    Thank you
    Regards.

In your wage was tax deducted prior to you receiving the money?

But you should be able to request a P45. In fact, one should have been issued to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Username1234 View Post
      I was working for a company on a sub-contractor basis.
      I'm going to finish working for them in a few months.
      We just had an agreement signed between us not a contract.
      I was receiving a monthly wage via bank transfer upon sending my invoice for the hours I did.

I wonder if I can request P 45 from them?
      You need to establish whether they were treating you as an employee, or an independent contractor. Your text above is blurry as to this point.

On the basis you were sending them invoices, I'm guessing they're not considering you an employee, in which case you won't get a P45.

Comment

Is it just me that thinks there is going to be a right can of worms going on here?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A P45 is only available if you were on PAYE scheme with them afaik.

If you need the P45 for next 'employment' or tax purposes with HMRC check what info you can provide as if you were self-employed, as you may be closer to that than employed if you didn't have a formal employment contract and existing tax code which is what a new employer will be after.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

OP. Did you get your P45 in the end?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X