• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish LTD Company Operating in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish LTD Company Operating in UK

Hi - I needed some advice.

I own an Irish Limited Company and have just secured a contract part based in the UK (50/50) and part based from home in Dublin.

I have registered a British Bank Account so that the agent can pay me.

Where do I stand with my Irish VAT - is this what I should be invoicing or should it be HMRC VAT?

Advice would be very useful, this is the first time I have secured a role abroad.

TIA.

I'm pretty surprised you've managed to get a UK gig with an Irish LTD. Normally agents want nothing to do with a non UK company.. but it seems you've done it.

Some other threads on exactly your situation might help.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e-vat-not.html

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...k-ireland.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Place of supply rules would likely make this outside the scope of Irish VAT so you would not charge Irish VAT. The UK agency will account for VAT under the reverse charge.

You would need to check with HMRC whether or not there is any liability to register for UK VAT. I don’t think there is in this case as you are supplying services not distance selling goods.

You will also need to check if working in the UK makes you or your Irish company liable for any UK income or corporation taxes while you are working here.

Comment

Originally posted by rmould View Post
        Hi - I needed some advice.

I own an Irish Limited Company and have just secured a contract part based in the UK (50/50) and part based from home in Dublin.

I have registered a British Bank Account so that the agent can pay me.

Where do I stand with my Irish VAT - is this what I should be invoicing or should it be HMRC VAT?

Advice would be very useful, this is the first time I have secured a role abroad.

TIA.
        I also have an Irish Ltd. I looked at this before and was planning to register a UK Ltd in Newry but in the end I didn't take up the UK contract. In part it was easier to contract with a UK company. Also I wanted to use the UK contracting tax model and tax rates without Irish Revenue being involved at all and giving hassle about personal taxation of dividends.

Comment

Working...
        X