• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help, government seized £4.5k as Bona Vancantia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samth85 View Post

I accept that through inaction/obliviousness that I'm wholly responsible for what's happened. That doesn't stop me from thinking that it's dumb. I'm just trying to minimize the damage at this point - some people on this forum have been very helpful in this regard and I'm grateful.
    FWIW, you won't be the first, nor the last caught by this.

If NLUK seems troll like to you, it's only because it's the {n}th time he's seen this/similar style posts where an OP is completely oblivious to how their company works (it's your responsibility to manage, it's the company's bank account etc), and expectations of what an accountant will do for them.

Comment

Operating a Ltd company is not difficult however its also not something for the unwary. The law expects that a director has the skills knowledge and experience required to the office and as you've seen, is largely unsympathetic if you come up short.

Comment

Working...
      X