• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Huge Disappointment with Dynamo Accounts - Help Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Disappointment with Dynamo Accounts - Help Needed

I have a Ltd company and I moved to Dynamo over a year ago. It was fine until Darren left (I'm aware of the other thread about him).
    The quality of the service has been really reduced.

For example, I requested them to prepare the yearend earlier but they literally prepared and sent it to me last minute in December, with significant errors (eg. calculating more than £20,000 more tax than it should be). I got that fixed but I was rushed to review it in very short time period.

Anyway, a few months later I spotted another error. My company assets reported much more than it actually has. I notified them and I also looked at the problem myself. It looked like to me that it could be fixed by sending an amended accounts to Companies House and updating FreeAgent (there are a few old invoices which actually were paid but shown as "not paid"(trade debtors) in FA).

More than a month I've been emailing and calling them. No replies returned to my emails and the head of contracting doesn't answer my calls who prepared my year end accounts. Btw, all my emails sent and calls are polite, no aggression or blaming.

I'm quite surprised with this kind of service. I contacted another accountancy company and they told me to get this error fixed first before switching accountants to avoid extra charge. Should I just send amended account to Companies House by myself and then move to another accountant? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance

I chased today and heard back from them today after weeks of nothing - they were apologetic and had been off ill.

I'm in the process of switching away, but I am happy that they will be doing my SATR and providing my new accountant with the required information.

Comment

Then, it's not only me who can't get a reply back for weeks. Almost all other accountants reply within a day.
      I started thinking that they're going to close down their contractor branch.

Comment

Next

Comment

I miss Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by darkwingduck View Post
            I have a Ltd company and I moved to Dynamo over a year ago. It was fine until Darren left (I'm aware of the other thread about him).
            The quality of the service has been really reduced.

For example, I requested them to prepare the yearend earlier but they literally prepared and sent it to me last minute in December, with significant errors (eg. calculating more than £20,000 more tax than it should be). I got that fixed but I was rushed to review it in very short time period.

Anyway, a few months later I spotted another error. My company assets reported much more than it actually has. I notified them and I also looked at the problem myself. It looked like to me that it could be fixed by sending an amended accounts to Companies House and updating FreeAgent (there are a few old invoices which actually were paid but shown as "not paid"(trade debtors) in FA).

More than a month I've been emailing and calling them. No replies returned to my emails and the head of contracting doesn't answer my calls who prepared my year end accounts. Btw, all my emails sent and calls are polite, no aggression or blaming.

I'm quite surprised with this kind of service. I contacted another accountancy company and they told me to get this error fixed first before switching accountants to avoid extra charge. Should I just send amended account to Companies House by myself and then move to another accountant? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance
            I'd tend to agree with the new firm you've reached out to. Lots of firms offer free catch up but when it's a mistake with something that's already been submitted fees can often be quite high (I use the term high only in comparison to the smaller, monthly fee structure most tend to use). Dynamo is owner by Hentons. If I were you I'd get in touch with them and explain your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I chased today and heard back from them today after weeks of nothing - they were apologetic and had been off ill.

I'm in the process of switching away, but I am happy that they will be doing my SATR and providing my new accountant with the required information.
              Is that going okay?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is that going okay?
                Yes, Dynamo completed my SATR as promised, and provided everything that was required to my new accountant (Maslins).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Yes, Dynamo completed my SATR as promised, and provided everything that was required to my new accountant (Maslins).
                  Lucky you escaped. The recent Head of Contractor services left quite abruptly in July after a year without as much as a “see ya” to her clients nor any handover email etc.

The office now seems to be manned by accounting assistants.

Not really the way to behave for a firm that has ICAEW, CTA, IPSE badges displayed prominently on their home page.

Comment

Working...
                  X